Friday, January 8, 2010

Layer of green on top of soil?

I have several large planters on my back patio with herbs and such in them. They recently have developed a thin layer of bright green all over the top of the soil what is it?Layer of green on top of soil?
It is a type of moss. The seed spores were probably in the potting soil when it was bought. I have the same problem in my Pineapples, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything so I have made no effort to remove it. Unless it is causing problems for your herbs I wouldn't make any changes.





Good luck and enjoy!Layer of green on top of soil?
that is a moss growth and it usually develops when there is alot of moisture in the soil it will not harm your plants so i would leave it alone it also looks good when it covers the perimeter of the pot
  • latex
  • highlight colors
  • facial care
  • triamcinolone cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment