Friday, January 8, 2010

Can parchment paper be used to layer cake batter?

If I cut a cake into thin very thin layers it falls apart Can parchment paper be used to layer cake batter?
Yes you can as long as the edges are clearly sealed


If the batter mixes, it will be hard to separate.


I have done this by baking my cake in a long,rectangular pan, cutting it in half and trimming the edges.


Good luck.


Can parchment paper be used to layer cake batter?
I would think if you try to bake it with the parchment paper then the paper will just get baked into the cake and you'll have an even bigger issue. I would suggest not cutting it so thin. Use a smaller baking pan so the cake will come out thicker (but you'll have to increase the cooking time).
just bake the cake in thinner layers

No comments:

Post a Comment